(5 minute read)
This is day 12 of the Twelve Days of Giving and I couldn’t be more grateful to have had all those who’ve been tuning in! Today’s topic is one of truth and practicality. The #1 thing that will sky rocket your net worth LOVE. It rules, it wins and I guarantee you it’s the one thing that will consistently, long term sustainably sky rocket your net worth when you’re connected on an intentional and cellular level.
On a more practical level: earning diversified passive income & compound interest will definitely jack your net worth up as long as you’re not increasing your expenditures to match an increasing income. Stick within your personal parameters for saving, spending and investing. Want to figure your personal parameters out? Ask me and I will help.
Back to love.
When you do things from a place of love your core is fuelling you from a place of deeply seeded service. When you are sharing those gifts, it radiates for all those who come into contact with you. People gravitate to those who operate from a place of love with every ounce of their being.
Exhibit A: there’s a couple from Switzerland who are each 72 years old (husband & wife) and they moved to Whistler, Canada to become ski instructors (earlier on in life), leaving their careers as Chartered Accountants behind. Their love for ski instructing has people from all over the map (globe) literally coming back to them year upon year to take lessons from them. They love what they do with their every cell and it shows.
They choose to earn from a place of intention and they have repeat clientele who support them. When you earn from a place of intention, the monetary flow comes with significantly greater ease. Stay tuned for a near term future post on how I turned off my tap to monetary flow for a gruelling two years without knowing (I will share the harsh lesson to help you not make the same mistake).
The one thing that will take you down (and fast) if you’re not careful: your emotions. When you’re emotionally involved in your work to an excessive degree or form an unhealthy attachment, this causes angst, anxiety and moves your in the opposite direction from love. When your emotions in your personal life begin to creep into a place of affecting your career, this too, can take you down harder and faster than you know.
The key is to have a healthy mental game and operate from a place of solution-oriented LOVE, and the rest will fall into place. I’m not saying you won’t have to show up and do the work, but what I am saying is this is all you need to remember as your guiding compass, no matter where you are in the world and no matter what your profession.
Tips on how to sky rocket your net worth:
- Do what you love and the money will follow. When your heart is in your work the whole world can see it.
- Be of service and do things from a place of “get to” not “have to”.
- Understand that your opportunities are a privilege not a right.
- Get uncomfortable and stretch yourself beyond your current limits.
- Create a resilient mental game and show up with solutions.
- Learn how to make solid, timely and unwavering decisions.
- Surround yourself with healthy individuals who challenge and support you.
- Partner with individuals who compliment your expertise.
- Manage your emotions and make family & friends just as much a priorty as your career.
- Take ownership of your actions like the boss you are.
The practical finance side:
- Save small amounts monthly and pay yourself first. Turn this into an unconscious pattern by making it a new habit.
- Take inventory of your monthly budget and cut out unecessary expenses (check your subscription plans).
- Live minimalistically yet abundantly and choose quality over quantity.
- Make efficient use of your health benefits & tax efficiencies (business expenses, registered savings contributions, matching employer contributions, using health coverage before it expires, etc.)
- The less money you leave on the table that you’re entitled to by occupation or benefit, the more you have in your pocket.
- Diversify your income earning streams & investments.
- Earn multiple streams of passive income and earn compound interest from your investments.
- Create and manage a solid cash flow strategy!
Things I’ve been reminded of across the past 12 days: if you don’t do things first thing in the morning the chance of them getting accomplished lessens. Remember to put your needs ahead of others once in a while, especially if your livlihood and others in your life depend on you showing up for them. Take away: you can only have one true priority (let’s call it our top 3) and the rest becomes a list 😉
Now tell me, what are your top 3 priorities in this big beautiful life of yours? Mine are health, family/friends and my career, 100% laced with faith & love. XO
photo source: the lovely Kelly