This message is intended for anyone who’s struggling with fear or resistance right now in their business or personal lives. This resistance can be around career, money, relationships or simply committing to something you’re unsure of.
Here’s a fact: when some of the world’s best athletes are at their most uncomfortable, this is when they’re at their best. Where does this discomfort come from? Resistance.
Why is it that we have fear or feel fear? Fear exists partially because of the unknown. A story we’re telling ourselves and likely psyching ourselves out about. Fear can be completely true to a point in that it’s a legitimate motivator (at which point it converts to a love-oriented solution). This is what I’m here to tell you. Fear can either motivate you or destroy you, it’s how you use this feeling to transform you and there’s really only one choice – motivation & love.
Once you figure out what you need to do to get over the hump of whatever the said fear or resistance is, that fear is no longer a fear – and another form of resistance will take its place. Fear & resistance are cyclical and necessary catalysts for growth.
I understand fear and resistance because I own my fair share, and I’m sharing this with you so you can learn that it’s completely common, healthy, and the cost of doing business (as in growing beyond your current position).
The reason any of us face resistance is because we don’t know what’s going to happen if we face it (it, being resistance) – and, we don’t know what’s going to happen when we don’t face it. The one thing we have within our power is facing our fears (converting them into love-based solutions) and resistance rather than letting them take control of us. Are you with me?
What I’m going to give you is the tools to figure out how to get over the hump of your resistance:
- Write down what the said fear (or resistance is)
- Write down what part of your life this relates to
- Write down why it’s important for you to overcome this fear or resistance hurdle
- Write down what will happen if you don’t achieve this
- Write down who is involved around this perceived fear
- Write down what your best case scenario is around this fear
- Write down 3 baby steps that will help you overcome this
- Write down how you will feel when you overcome this fear
An example might be “fear of going to spin class, yoga, the gym, or doing something new fitness-wise”
- Fear = trying out a new workout routine
- This relates to your health
- You want to become healthier and live a full and long life.
- You’ll be stuck in the same place you’re at now
- You are the one who’s involved (in this case), not so many outside parties.
- You’ll be comfortable when you show up for your new workout routine and you’ll rock it
- Baby steps to get you there:
- You can plan ahead and see what teachers & times classes are
- Investigate where parking is or what kind of transportation route you’ll need to get there
- Read up on who else attends/what kind of vibe there is wherever you’re planning to go and see if it’s a match
- Make a commitment to yourself that you will try at least 3 times (show up and see how it goes)
- Really ask yourself what you’re nervous about and dig deeper: is it the other people there, is it because you won’t be coordinated, is it that you won’t know what to wear?
- My point: these are all minor excuses and valid points to getting over this fear. All you have to do is drill down.
- You’ll feel like gold because you’ve done something you’ve never done, and it’s brought you to a better place than you were at before.
In personal and professional development, equally, resistance is your motivator and your faith – your springboard for success, freedom, love and bliss.
It’s the reason we get to show up and practise our faith so deeply and be connected to the ether as our guide and those we deeply connect with. When you choose love and faith over fear, you’re automatically putting yourself in a position where you believe and trust yourself more than you don’t – and that’s a beautiful place to live! It’s the kind of parallel and energy called a beautiful oblivion you want to get lost in.
Choose love, though don’t hesitate to run towards fear and resistance, for what’s on the other side is often exactly what you need. A question I often get asked (and one you can ask yourself too), is how I get to the other side – of whatever it is, fear, resistance, anxiety, depression, etc. The answer is simple: I decide and I move forward and through; the opposite is the real torture.
If you are feeling resistance right now around business or finance, hit me up – and I will help walk you through it!
With prosper + flow,
Leave a Reply