The holiday season is a magical and beautiful one, though can also be one of less welcome solitude for some (speaking from personal experience a handful of times in this life). Whether you’re travelling, working or the company you’re spending the season with has been less than engaging or vibing on your same level, making one’s own mental and physical sanctuary is always fan-freaking-tastically optional.
I’m sharing this with you as there is NO reason to feel like you’re ever alone or at a loss for things to do around the holiday season (particularly on Christmas Day). Here’s a short list of things to do that won’t break the bank and that will undoubtedly unleash your bliss:
- Make whatever you want to eat. Buy the best ingredients to your fave meal and go at it.
- Listen to music while you’re cooking (dance in the kitchen, bonus points).
- Lay on your back on the floor and have a good, long stretch.
- Meditate and go deep; get lost.
- Listen to a podcast and go for a long walk.
- Put a movie on your computer (Netflix) and set it up so you can watch it from the bathtub (where you’ll be bubbling in lavish bath bombs, salts and scents).
- Indulge in your fave books & movies and bring every pillow and blanket out of your room. Light candles and pit in like it’s your business.
- If you’re a dog owner (alike I), take your fur baby for an extended walk and say hi to every single person you meet and smile in the process.
- Give yourself the ultimate facial: detox that skin (masque 1), then hydrate up (masque 2 or ultra moisturize). Exfoliate your whole damn body with a dry brush and let it breathe before you moisturize & lotion-up.
- Do an at-home workout. Live-stream something or hit up YouTube. A sweat will feel GOOD.
- Learn a few choice phrases from a language you want to learn. I.e. French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, etc.
- “I love you”
- “Nice to meet you”
- “Please and thank you”
- “Wine please”
- Make a bucket list and assign some timelines to the items. Do the research around how much you’ll need to save to make each transact
- Go ahead and book the fucking trip. Treat yourself and have something to look forward to!
- Call people and strike up meaningful conversations or just say hello.
- Email or message people and do the same.
- Write out a self-love & gratitude list of 100 things you’re proud of, grateful for and that you’ve accomplished. Tack that list somewhere you can see it on the daily.
- Sleep. I’m positive many of us could use catch-up on this, especially this time of year.
- Explore your own city/town on foot & spend time in nature.
- Pretend you’re a visitor in your own city. Dress up, go out, sit at the bar and have a conversation with a stranger.
- Go to the movies (the VIP theatre if you have one).
The rules that go with this list are simple:
- You’re fabulous (no negative self-talk).
- You’re loved.
- You get to do whatever you want and that, is a gift in itself.
- Tomorrow is so another day yet this moment is all we have, so enjoy it.
Leave a Reply