(5 minute read)
Do you ever think about how much time you waste doing things that have absolutely no benefit to you? Or, little to no true intrinsic benefit once you’ve exchanged the time you’re worth for the energy and time on the clock you’ve already outpoured? It’s huge, massive, BIG. It’s called inefficiency. You know what they say, time is money hence creating efficiencies = money.
In the name of efficiency and money moves that work in your favor, there are truly only 3 ways to better your wealth position in the world and those strategic and efficient three things are around your: income, expenses & investments. These 3 core things speak to the efficiencies below that I speak of.
The easiest way to raise improve your financial position in the short term (and better your position for the long term) -working with what you have is to ruthlessly decrease your expenses. Proper expense management is one thing, living in lack or scarcity mindset or actuality is another.
Then we’ve got investments, the equivalent of a phenomenal eco luxe night serum that can really take you places when properly allocated and maintained. Investments are a privilege, and if you think about it, every single dollar you spend is an investment of some sort that you wish to give you a favorable return. Jump to this post to figure out what your “daily investment” amount is, otherwise known as the shocking amount of money you spend each day pre-9am. Once you take a look at what your expenses are and how you value them, you’ll be better positioned in mindset to make larger investment decisions that will help you leverage your wealth position for the long term. First the foundation, then the layers.
Back to basics, let’s talk the money flow of income which can be clean and fluid or stagnant and heavy; here again, it’s all in how you strategize and manage on this front as this is the area that guides the other two areas which govern your business and your life. Think about how you often and how you value and manage your money flow with each of the below. Are you conscious and thorough? Are you sporadic and scarce? Are you calm and calculated? Are you curious and truth-seeking? Your approach to all in practicality and energy speak largely to the efficiencies you capitalize on (or continuously lack).
Now for the seven money moves that work in your favor (and why):
- Evaluating your assets (equity rich) & evaluating your debt position. Why this works in your favor: when you know your starting point and what you have to work you can begin to measure. Without charting and measuring your progress, it’s impossible to layer, leverage and grow ~ your investments and your business.
- Forecasting future wants and aligning your business growth to match. Why this works in your favor: when you’re able to forecast actionable opportunities and targets, you have something to create a strategy around to achieve. This is your wealth and income earning blueprint. Without a map (or GPS), honestly, where are you efficiently going that you haven’t gone before.
- Verbiage. Less is more, quality is best. Why this works in your favor: when you know what dialog, unique to you, is manifesting on the inside, this is how to manifest abundance on the outside ~ including everything from literal money to parking spots and the coconut whip cream topped espresso you’ve been craving on your full-plated day. Choose quality words over quantity, always. Be succinct and express your point with power not confusing fluff. Words are powerful energy.
- Think about it: until you’ve identified, uncovered and understood your deeply seeded money story that’s blocking all kinds of things in your mind (greater opportunity, deeper relationships, freedom, more money), it’s tough to overwrite that into a state of possibility.
- Mentality. So you’ve invested in your business and now you have debt? Invest in that which is set to give you a return when you show up for it. Yes, you may incur good or “bad debt” while you’re growing your business, but that is the cost of doing business and how you solve that while growing will be a reflection of how your business will grow long term. Shift the mindset from credit card debt to higher interest business loan ~ of which, there are always other options on the finance and borrowing side. Why this works in your favor: you’re not living in a scarcity mindset, you’re living in a growth mindset.
- Motivation on target. Know what motivates you and live into your vision. Why this works in your favor: when you are reminding yourself on the daily what you’re intently working towards, it’s a lot easier to not forget about the prize. You’re more likely to stay focused and motivated when you remember what it’s all for.
- Saving, earning & accountability buddy. When you surround yourself with others who have similar interests, you’re more likely to achieve your goals. Want to grow your business? Align yourself with someone who is crushing it. Want to learn how to earn, find someone who can help. Save? Find someone who has a massive goal and hitch your wagons together. Why this works in your favor: like breeds like and you’re not tempted to fall off the wagon when someone is running beside you and holding you accountable.
- Consistent & simple system to manage. Now that you are crushing it and an earning like a machine, you’re going to have to implement a new way of viewing and managing your money, wealth and business. With growth, comes responsibility and learning. Why this works in your favor: when you have a conscious awareness of the flow of your funds you’re able to effectively layer future funds on top of that which is a solid foundation.
Now ask yourself where you lie on the scale of 7 in terms of efficiency. Align your score with your vision. To bridge the gap and purposefully optimize your wealth, don’t hesitate to hit me up.