Are you a ship passing in the night or do you actually give a fuck about what shapes your days? The days might be long but the years are short and what you’re shaping, in fact, is you.
One of the most transportable items you can take anywhere is your attitude; your disposition and your purpose. Rock and unapologetically own your situation, and if something’s not working, change it.
What’s in this whole morning ritual thing for you? It’s a proven fact that those with healthy, consistent morning rituals experience a significant positive return on the following:
- Lower stress levels
- Higher career/job satisfaction and productivity
- Increased happiness
- Better health
- Greater freedom in ever sense of the word
Think about where you’re invested
What’s makes you “you” is that which you invest in. Each investment be it time, monetary or energy, comprises the habitual version of what an outsider would see if they watched you roam the planet.
It’s not about what’s on the outside, it’s about the work done on the inside. Perceive yourself from out of body. Is this image clean and pristine or is it murky and conflicted? The image being a snapshot of your soul matter and eco footprint. Your footprints become a reflection of where you’ve been, and on the forward side, your feet are what consciously carry your vessel into your future habits and shape your life. Habits are bore out of decision, decision out of motivation; your purpose for existing and why you’ve showed up.
There’s a place where decision-making happens housed deep within your psyche. The degrees to which you tap into this place, the greater riches you draw on from your personal resource bank. The depths of this bank are infinite. Are you living a) in weightless abundance or b) in heavy depletion? If any part of your body has tensed up you are living b). If you’ve felt a sense of uplift or release you are living a).
Think About It
Live richly through conscious accounting. By changing the way you think, you invite a radical shift to occur. Replace the word ‘routine’ with the word ‘ritual’. Sure, any methodical set of repetitious day in and out events could equate to that of your routine, though why not turn these actions into sacred events with purposeful meaning.
When you are conscious, you are more mindful, less wasteful. When you are conscious with your capital be it physical, emotional, mental or monetary, we are able to best allocate that which will reap us the greatest return on our investment over the long term. Your return is the yield your investment provides you; a percentage of what you get in return for what you invest in. When you are conscious, you are present. The fact that we have the ability to do the things we do, and actually make choices, should be celebration enough to create rituals and toss the mentality of a routine. When you are consciously creating your life you’re making choices that fill your soul up. If the whole point is to feel your very best let’s get into it in conscious ritual as the morning begins.
Aligning your actions with your source equals the attraction of abundance. It’s all about your mindset and the actions, which follow. These are a handful of ritual worthy to-do items I believe are worth their weight in gold.
- Drink a hot cup of lemon water pre ingesting anything else and cleanse your system.
- Let your subconscious flow through you and connect with it (you). This might be a guided mediation, silent open-eyed conscious meditation, or journalling from a channeled state. Five minutes can be as powerful as 20. It’s the intention you put into it.
- Stretch. You might not have time for a full body workout pre-workday, though a 10 minute stretch can make a world of difference to both your body and mind.
- Create a morning mantra or multiple mantras and use these phrases daily for as long as they resonate with you.
- Recite your goals/what you wish to create for the day (and furthermore) out loud. You’ve already written them down, it’s time to say things out loud and scare yourself a bit into actually following through with these goals.
- Make yourself a healthy beverage packed with cognition stimulating benefits. I’m into green juice still these days. What you put into your body acts as your fuel. Fuel yourself with a greens, protein and complex carbs combo.
- Check your balances; physical, emotional, mental, spiritual. Briefly scan if there is any area you feel is out of whack that gets a little more love or are all areas pretty supportive of each other in your being right now.
- Listen to music or a podcast. In the shower, making breakfast and then on your commute, pop your ear buds in and listen to an audio book, podcast, or your favorite beats. This will literally raise your vibe.
- Decide what the #1 thing is that you want to accomplish and write that down. You are going to revisit this at the end of the day and see if you’re satisfied with your efforts, progress and the outcome.
- Write down 3 adjectives describing the way you want to feel for the day. Give it your best attempt to make others you encounter feel the same way. Give more of what you want to receive.
Morning Do Not’s
- Check the news. Aint nobody need stress they can’t change upon first waking moments.
- Spend more than 20 minutes on social media. Social media will eat your life if you allow it (you already know this).
- Eat a heavy breakfast full of sugar, preservatives, or simple carbs. Put down the processed cereal bar.
- Allow negativity to permeate your morning bliss. Take the long way in the morning if it means dodging a train wreck (in any sense)!
Now that you’ve decided what you want and how want to feel – go get it! It’s all yours.