(five minute read)
Are you a ship passing in the night or do you actually give a f%ck about what shapes your days? The days might be long but the years are short and what you’re shaping, in fact, is you.
One of the most transportable items you can take anywhere is your attitude; your disposition and your purpose. Rock and unapologetically own your situation, and if something’s not working, change it.
What’s in this whole morning ritual thing for you? It’s a proven fact that those with healthy, consistent morning rituals experience a significant positive return on the following:
- Lower stress levels
- Higher job satisfaction and productivity
- Increased happiness
- Better health
- Greater financial freedom
WHERE ARE YOU INVESTED
What’s makes you “you” is that which you invest in. Each investment be it time, monetary or energy, comprises the habitual version of what an outsider would see if they watched you roam the planet.
It’s not about the outsiders; it’s about the work done on the inside. Perceive yourself from out of body. Is this image clean and pristine or is it murky and conflicted? The image being a snapshot of your soul matter and eco footprint. Your footprints become a reflection of where you’ve been, and on the forward side, your feet are what consciously carry your vessel into your future habits and shape your life. Habits are bore out of decision, decision out of motivation; your purpose for existing and why you’ve showed up.
There’s a place where decision-making happens housed deep within your psyche. The degrees to which you tap into this place, the greater riches you draw on from your personal resource bank. The depths of this bank are infinite. Are you living a) in weightless abundance or b) in heavy depletion? If any part of your body has tensed up you are living b). If you’ve felt a sense of uplift or release you are living a).
The same can be said for your relationship with your finances – freedom bearing or stressful.
Live richly through conscious accounting. By changing the way you think, you invite a radical shift to occur. Replace the word ‘routine’ with the word ‘ritual’. Sure, any methodical set of repetitious day in and out events could equate to that of your routine, though why not turn these actions into sacred events with purposeful meaning.
When we are conscious, we are more mindful, less wasteful. When we are conscious with our capital be it physical, emotional, mental or monetary, we are able to best allocate that which will reap us the greatest return on our investment over the long term. Our return is the yield our investment provides us; a percentage of what we get in return for what we invest in. When we are walking blindly, we are also burning money blindly which can lead to unnecessary stress.
When you are conscious, you are present. The fact that we have the ability to do the things we do, and actually make choices, should be celebration enough to create rituals and toss the mentality of a routine.
Aligning your actions with your source equals the attraction of abundance. It’s all about your mindset and the actions, which follow. These are a handful of ritual worthy to-do items I believe are worth their weight in gold.
- Drink a hot cup of lemon water pre ingesting anything else and cleanse your system.
- Meditate. Five minutes counts just the same as thirty minutes does.
- Stretch. You might not have time for a full body workout pre-workday, though a 10 minute stretch can make a world of difference to both your body and mind.
- Create a morning mantra and use it daily for as long as it resonates with you.
- Recite your goals out loud. You’ve already written them down, it’s time to say things out loud and scare yourself a bit into actually following through with these goals.
- Make yourself a green juice. What you put into your body acts as your fuel. Fuel yourself with a greens, protein and complex carbs combo.
- Check the balances of your finances; chequing, savings, brokerage, mortgage, loans, including your monthly expenditures you’ve incurred to date. Remind yourself what your allocated budget is for the day on various items. Give yourself a pep talk in terms of where you want to be 6 months, one year, 5 years, and 10 years from now to reinforce your thought patterns around your spending.
- Listen to music or a podcast. In the shower, making breakfast and then on your commute, put your ear buds in and listen to an audio book, podcast, or your favorite beats. This will inevitably raise your vibe.
- Decide what the #1 thing is that you want to accomplish and write that down. You are going to revisit this at the end of the day and see if you’re satisfied with your efforts, progress and the outcome.
- Write down 3 adjectives describing the way you want to feel for the day. Give it your best attempt to make others you encounter feel the same way. Give more of what you want to receive.
MORNING DO NOT’S
- Check the news. Aint nobody need stress they can’t change upon first waking moments.
- Spend more than 15 minutes on social media. Social media will eat your life if you allow it (you already know this).
- Sleep in. You’re missing all the best parts of the day when you sleep in. Aka: silence, a killer sunrise, and the opportunity to have two breakfast’s (one @ 5am, the next @9am).
- Eat a heavy breakfast full of sugar, preservatives, or simple carbs. Put down the processed cereal bar.
- Allow negativity to permeate your morning bliss. Take the long way in the morning if it means dodging a train wreck (in any sense)!
Now that you’ve decided what you want and how want to feel – go get it, abundantly invested Tiger!