(5 minute read)
You know what they say, “be more of what you want”? I really want to show you how you do this because I create this for myself. It's not unlike “ask and you shall receive”, you have to literally live into your decisions. Thought and intention is one thing, giving legs to those intentions and allowing them to transact is another. Now let's give those intentions the legs they deserve!
The first thing I want you to do is envision how GOOD you will feel when you reach your goal. Close your eyes and live into this feeling and goal. This goal includes money not being a object because you continue to create recurring monthly income (you're layering it and growing your business), and you are knocking your personal financial goals out of the park.
Okay, where are you when you close your eyes?
- Are you on the sandy beaches of St. Barth's listening to the waves crashing in as you sip your handcrafted green juice, reading the morning news post run in the sun and pre client strategy call?
- Maybe you're at home on your patio overlooking the ocean sipping java with friends who have dropped by unexpectedly because you own your own schedule and you can make time to spend with them.
- Perhaps you're in your French copper tub soaking in luxurious Epsom salts listening to a classical score from one of your favorite films, candles flickering and wafting your signature scent, casting just the right amount of light for you to keep devouring that book you simply can't put down.
- You're paying your monthly expenses/bills online with ease because you know where from and when your next dollar is coming in, and you are also hitting “checkout” without anxiety, guilt or hesitation on those items you've been coveting in your shopping cart.
What are you doing and how do you feel? Remember, we have got the BE what we want more of in our lives and live into this.
Remember that the wiser the choices you make, the more choices you will be able to make and that itself equals living into freedom.
Here are your steps once you have identified the above state:
- Identify your target. In other words, decide what you want to achieve plus the FEELING associated with it (the exercise above). Financial freedom (an income target), emotional freedom (a state of physical & mental being you long for), owning your schedule (the gift of time, essentially), etc.
- Choose a timeline. Timelines create urgency and time-bound sense of purpose and importance. Without a timeline and a target you're just hoping 😉
- Ballpark the income you need or want to earn to a) close the transition gap, or b) populate your bank account longer term as per the recurring monthly income you need or want to make.
- Invest/allocate resources where you are bound to see a measurable return. I.e. you want to double your income in 12 months. Hire someone who can show you how to create a strategy, run the tactics and rock the mindset to achieve this. Okay, there's my plug 😉
- Be prepared to make tradeoffs. You can't long for optimal heart health and still eat a fried chicken based diet. It just doesn't work. Do you see what I'm saying? Decide what you want more. The choices won't always be clear hence you'll have to get intimate with yourself to truly understand what's more important.
With choices come emotional conversations and considerations when you are making investments that will change your life because change is emotional (and life changing).
Some people need or want to make money to change their lives. Others want to recapture time – and some want flexibility & freedom in general – whether that is to create their own hours to travel, be present for their families, and/or be mobile in general to seize opportunities as they arise. Any way you slice it, these individuals want something more or different than they currently have and want for a reason.
What is your reason for change or growth? Write it down.
Quick snapshot: I've helped everyone from those who desperately want to leave their current positions (if they are in midst of transition), to those in emotionally strained & abusive relationships, to those who are highly skilled but lack direction (need focus & clarity), and then there are the many who need to support ourselves and dependents (families) beyond the degree of the basics.
The important thing to keep be mindful of is to know what the benefit & result is you can expect to receive in relation to your need. Then, look to where additional value can be added because it's all about the professional icing on the cake that can supplement your needs.
Want to learn how to create recurring monthly income in the comfort of your own home, on your own time with me? I invite you to grab hold of a FREE video training, “The Cash Flow You Crave”, I’ve put together that will help you understand how to expand your income (and also how to temporarily contract your budget).
As a bonus you’ll receive my top 4 money & business resources to support this:
- Nine Save Your Ass Financial Rules (everyone should know)
- 20 Practical Financial Secrets to Prosperity for Entrepreneurs
- The 7 Entrepreneurial Secrets to Success
- The exact budget & cash flow template I use (for business & personal)
Just want the guides and the template? Grab them here.