(6 minute read)
Today is one of those days where I just want to smother you with LOVE! And the goods news? I can (and will). The first part of this message is all about lessons. Part deux is my fave fitness/wellness go-to trusted sources, and part three is money flow tips to tuck into your back pocket on the daily. Why the combo? Some things are just better together ~ like a sandwich. The innards are great on their own though there's a reason why they are paired together 😉
Aight! RACE DAY. Saturday I ran my second half marathon here in my hometown of beautiful Vancouver, Canada. It was Lululemon's SeaWheeze race home to 10,000 race-day runners, say whaaat! This was my first and their 6th annual. Normally I'm the black-hearted, crowd avoidant grinch during this weekend and dodge all festivities like the plague; sunning in my yard, laying by the pool and listening to the sunset party roaring in Stanley Park across the bridge (I'm in West Van). It's safe there. Who knew I was missing out bigtime this whole time! Yes, I have my moments of crazy. Fortunately I decided to wake up this year and step back into life and society from my recluse tendencies. It's been FUN!
Have you ever told yourself something and believed it? I've told myself my whole life I'm a shitty runner because I'm a good sprinter. You can't run distance AND be a good sprinter, can you? Plus, I'm 5'0, plus long distance running used to equal torture in high school, plus, plus, plus. That was the enduring story. Until – I started getting curious about this whole marathon thing. I mean, people less athletic than me were completing these. What was I missing? I've never been one to miss out or not step up to the plate & rise to the challenge. In 2015 I knocked my first marathon out and it was pain. I didn't train, I just showed up and ran, and ran in fear. I over-planned but I planned to fail.
What was different this time around (half marathon #2):
- I didn't overplan, in fact I was so focused the night before on something else that captured my attention that I didn't charge my Garmin (run watch) nor Fitbit.
- I didn't tape toes, wear tensor bandages or take out my earrings (I mean, I wasn't suiting up for war).
- I didn't plan my outfit (okay, yeah I did), but my favorite socks had gone MIA last minute.
- I did wear better shoes than the first time (foamy, supportive New Balance) and bought shoes a half size bigger which I swear made all the difference.
- I showed up without expectation
- I was in it with friends and to HAVE FUN
- I wasn't focused on results (but did earn a personal best)
- I sped up and told myself, “why can't I sprint?”
- I made it about mindset, heart and let it be easy
The above totally changed the run-game for me and I will be doing it again. Do I enjoy training and running? No. The point: you GET to do things that you don't necessarily enjoy that will allow your joy on the other side and through the journey – if you know what I'm saying.
Ask yourself if you're being “cozy” or if you're expanding. Cozy isn't a place to be of service, it's inward. The true opportunity, abundance and gifts in life are when we focus outward and are in service. I chock this experience up to tapping into that which helps me show up better for those in my world. What are you doing today to do this for those in yours? Need tips or support? Shoot me an email and I'll be glad to hook you up.
Now for part two and those fave fitness resources:
Natalie Jill of Natalie Jill Fitness: she is ALL heart, packs the punch in both fitness and on the recipe/food front. I don't know if you've been following my IG stories, but I'm mad addicted to her blueberry muffins! They are a must-try. Natalie is healer, she's playful, she's present – and she's no bullshit. Check her out: Insta, YouTube, Facebook.
Crystal Karamessinis: she's my Bulletproof girl through and through!
Tracy Campoli: fitness bossery, fashion, beauty and lifestyle comin' at you straight from NYC is Tracy! Tracy's HIIT workouts are no joke and she has a workout that's quick & effective in targeting for every area (which leaves you with no excuses; and you'll have fun). Get at her here: Insta, YouTube.
Part three: for the money flow daily tips to get and stay in flow via yours truly
- Pair practical action with manifestation; energy stems from your core to your fingertips and back again (as in, money flow and abundance back into your palm). Bonus points: be specific about what you want.
- Fuel CLEAN and move your body. Stagnant bodies of energy = stagnant bodies of money. Bodies in motion = energy (and money) in flow.
- Be conscious of your environment. Everything from the actual space you're in, the physical elements in your sphere, other bodies (& their temperament) i.e. people/those you are in contact with, your verbiage, etc. ~ it all matters.
For more simple and practical tips on money flow and how to improve your business and your life now, grab my free guide with the full 20 tips, and I'll hook you up! Get 20 Practical Secrets to Prosperity for Entrepreneurs here.
And – the commonality between money flow, marathons and my fave fit resources? Every single one of these items, actions, ladies, methods, etc, takes consistent practise and getting uncomfortable in order to achieve results. Will it be a challenge? Yes. Will it be worth it more so? Absolutely. Enjoy! x